Whetstone Craft Beers is currently seeking a brewery sales ambassador for our growing brewery operation.
Position Summary: The Brewery Sales Ambassador is a part time position, with full time potential, responsible for the representation of Whetstone Craft Beers and motivating and supporting the sale and distribution of Whetstone products.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Visit accounts and meet all scheduled appointments
- Proactively pursue new accounts
- Maintain a regular schedule of appointments with accounts
- Develop and maintain effective customer relationships
- Become thoroughly acquainted with key decision makers
- Maintain expert knowledge of our beer, the brewing process, beer history and current industry trends
- Maintain familiarity with all DLC laws and practices
- Execute monthly goals as related to business activities
- Increase market share and same store sales of our beers
- Conduct beer tasting and account staff education with key accounts
- Coordinate ride-with and team sells
- Organize and plan staff promotions and events in accounts on a regular basis
- Oversee special events. This includes seeking participation in appropriate special events, registration, logistical coordination between the distributor and the event staff and attendance and representation on behalf of the brewery.
- Other duties as assigned
- Managing all aspects of brewery events
- Setting up brewery tent and sales collateral at events
- Engaging event participants and encouraging beer samples
- Train, engage and inspire crowds as well as individual consumers
- Assist in maintaining all event equipment — tables, tents, jockey boxes, the beer garden side of the Rollin’ ‘Stone etc.
- Responsible for reviewing program materials, set up and break down of the work area, and the preparation and sampling of products on scheduled event days
- Generate brand awareness and positive product impressions to increase sales
- Assist in managing inventory control of event materials/supplies
- Assist in on-site QA/QC standards: occasionally visiting customer sites, cleaning taps/lines and teaching best practices
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in associated field
- Experience and understanding of preventive maintenance, inventory management, record keeping
- Experience and understanding of the brewing process, sanitation, yeast health and fermentation and beer transfer and clarification.
- Experience with brewery quality assurance and quality control plans.
- Formal brewing education preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- A passion for craft beer!
- Advanced computer proficiency
- A self-motivated approach, with strong work ethic, requiring limited oversight
- Exceptional organizational skills, detail-oriented with process-oriented thinking
- Strong capacity to both lead and participate in cross-functional teams to define issues and agree on processes, strategies, and outcomes
- Impeccable leadership and communication skills to a variety of audiences
- Willingness to work non-standard hours, including weekends and evenings
- Innate desire to work as a team with a results driven approach to success
- Current DLC certification
- Ability to lift 65 pounds and move 175 pounds regularly
- Ability to regularly stand, walk, use hands, reach, climb, work from heights, stoop, kneel, and crouch
- Ability to work in a loud, wet, cold, hot, indoor and outdoor environment frequently
- Dental, and vision insurance fully paid by company
- Annual tuition reimbursement
- Whetstone comp card (beer, food, merch)
- Commission structure
- Mileage / travel reimbursement
- Paid time off, sick time, and personal days
Interested applicants should apply via the link below.