Whetstone Station Restaurant and Brewery is looking for a qualified candidate to fill our open position of Brewer. Located in a picturesque location, on the water in downtown Brattleboro, VT this opportunity involves every aspect of beer production and brewery operations and may even have some interaction with restaurant operations (i.e. beer dinners, etc…)
Position Summary: The Brewer is a full-time position responsible for the production of wort, cellar work, beer finishing, and packaging on a daily basis.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Produce the highest quality beer in a safe and efficient manner
- Work closely with the Head Brewer to ensure all production meets the strictest quality standards before release
- Meet and execute production schedules to meet sales demand
- Maintain sanitation of the facility and ensure clean, sanitary equipment and working environment
- Maintain raw material inventories
- Complete, enter, and maintain daily production records
- Conduct repairs and maintenance on all brewing, cellar, and packaging equipment
- Proactively manage yeast health and beer fermentations
- Participate in the pilot beer program, including creating new and unique processes and beer recipes
- Maintain draft lines / beer coolers
- Represent Whetstone at beer related events and festivals
- Other tasks as assigned by the Head Brewer
- Minimum of 2 years of experience as a professional brewer
- Experience and understanding of preventive maintenance, inventory management, record keeping
- Experience and understanding of the brewing process, sanitation, yeast health and fermentation and beer transfer and clarification.
- Experience with brewery quality assurance and quality control plans.
- Formal brewing education preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- A passion for craft beer!
- Formal brewing education preferred
- Advanced computer proficiency
- A self-motivated approach, with strong work ethic, requiring limited oversight
- Process and results driven with demonstrated success achieving operational goals
- Ability to monitor performance and proactively propose necessary modifications to a plan
- Exceptional organizational skills, detail-oriented with process-oriented thinking
- Strong capacity to both participate in cross-functional teams to define issues and agree on processes, strategies, and outcomes
- Impeccable communication skills to a variety of audiences
- Innate desire to work as a team with a results driven approach to success
- Ability to lift 65 pounds and move 175 pounds regularly
- Ability to regularly stand, walk, use hands, reach, climb, work from heights, stoop, kneel, and crouch
- Ability to work in a loud, wet, cold, hot, indoor and outdoor environment frequently
- Dental, and vision insurance fully paid by company
- Annual tuition reimbursement
- Whetstone comp card (beer, food, merch)
- Paid time off, sick time, and personal days
Interested parties should submit resume via this site.