The “Wall” is our mug club challenge. It requires you try 99 different beers in one year to earn your mug and a place in the hearts and history of the Whetstone Station.
WITH THIS CHALLENGE COMES GREAT RESPONSIBILITY. ENJOY, BUT DO SO RESPONSIBLY. WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO DISCONTINUE SERVICE TO ANYONE AT ANY TIME FOR BEING A TOOL AND WILL REVOKE YOUR CARD AND DISPLAY IT SHAMEFULY FOR ALL TO SEE.
Please note: Incomplete walls become placemats after 1 year, forever showcasing your lack of commitment…
Complete this challenge and you’ll receive:
- Your own 22oz personalized mug
- Discounts on your food purchases
- Celebration in your honor on the night you complete your challenge
- Dinner for 2 for free on the anniversary of your challenge finish date.
- Invitations to private members only events
- Exclusive first tastes of new brews
- Priority reservations
- Brewers table reservation rights
- One Mug Club Member T-Shirt
- Unlimited free soda
- Unlimited bragging rights
- Unlimited hugs from the owners
Here are the rules and your pledge of responsibility:
Thank you for considering our Mug Club Challenge and of course, a huge thank you for your patronage of Whetstone Station Restaurant and Brewery.
Our Mug Club is designed to expand your beer knowledge and motivate you to sample styles you may not typically try. Therefore, we have some unique rules to the program.
- In the course of one year you must try 99 different beers, in the specified categories.
- Always drink responsibly. Remember, you have a full year to complete this list.
- This card is your responsibility, it shall remain on premise in the box provided.
- Please keep the box of cards organized, it’s in alphabetical order by last name.
- After sampling a beer, add the beer name and the date to the list in the specified category, then have the team member who served the beer to you initial that entry.
- You must get those initials during the transaction. Forget to do so and it’s too late.
- You must try 10 beers in each category, no substitution. Remember, this is about trying new things.
- 9 of the required beers are our Brewers’ Choice. This requires that you meet and chat with our brewers. They’re anti-social so consider this part of their therapy.
- Complete this challenge in one year, and you have earned all of the benefits listed.
- You may not share your mug with anyone. Make them earn their own.
- You obviously have to be 21 years old or older to participate.
- If you violate any of the house rules, any laws or at any time are asked to leave, or are removed from the property for any reason by staff or law enforcement, you have forfeited your card permanently and may not start a new one. So be good.
- You may complete this challenge more than once. Subsequent complete challenges will earn you an even more impressive mug and the status of telling everyone you’ve done this more than once.
- Mugs may only be partially filled with “big” beer (high ABV).
- Large bottles may be shared and credited to two challengers.
- All VT State, local and other laws will be followed, so unfortunately no discounts on liquor or alcohol.
I have read and understand the rules, agree to be a big boy/girl and drink responsibly and to maintain the educational spirit of this challenge.
(You’ll be required to sign this pledge to start the mug club. See any server for your “wall” and to get started!)